cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding IP routes to UCM 6

Alewis
Level 1
Level 1

We have a call manager cluster that services several offices. These offices are connected via MPLS for our voice traffic only. Our data traffic is on a separate vlan and this flows over site-to-site vpn tunnels between all offices. All users in remote offices need to be able to connect to the user web page on the central call manger so that they can change personal phone settings. There are only 2 ways that this can be achieved that I can see. I either need to add routes via the CLI on the call manager or I need to change its default gateway. I have heard that once the IP addressing is set that it should not be touched for fear of bringing the whole system down. I am not even sure if you can add routes via the CLI. Are either of these options viable and if so, how would I go about executing them?

TIA!

1 Reply 1

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco CallManager does not function properly if the Microsoft Windows hostname is changed after the installation of the Cisco CallManager on the Media Convergence Server (MCS) because the Structured Query Language (SQL) database does not support the hostname change.

If a hostname change is inevitable, then the entire Cisco CallManager should be re-built.

However, changing the IP address of the server is supported. To change the IP address of the Cisco CallManager server, follow the directions in

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094601.shtml