cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting configuration register issues

isammed000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,I mistakenly change my 2620 router configuration register value to 0x1202.How can I set my pc hyperterminal to communicate with the router as it has not been able to communicate with it since then.I understand that such value has changed the default console speed to 1200.I have tried to change the baud rate on the PC to 1200 to no avail.

I will be glad if I could be helped to restore it to it default value

4 Replies 4

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

U need to try one by one all the baud rate available on u r terminal in order to get access to the router n change the value to 0x2102.

Thanks

Mahmood

Hi,

In hyperterminal go to the properties and configuer and change the baud rates and check.

Regards,

Pravin

HI Pravin,

Thank u for the message you sent to me.I have fixed up the problem.I tried to use all the baud rate one after the other and one of it works out.

Thanks alot for that clue

Hi Mahmood,

Thanks for your message.I have fixed up the problem.I tried to use the baud rate one after the other as u suggested and one of it works out.

Thanks alot for the clue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco