Teaching CCNA (Hardware , course material etc)

Unanswered Question
Jun 18th, 2008

Good afternoon netpros!

I have had a request from my manager to teach a couple of co-workers the CCNA material.

We are a cisco partner so can get equipment on Not for resale deals quite cheaply.

I have looked for "CCNA" lab suggestions and they appear to be CCNA labs "on a budget" on old equipment.

As we will be buying the equipment shortly, what new hardware would you recommend?

I would only need to be teaching 2 people so the one lab would do.

Also, but i'm not holding my breath about this one, is it possible to get a hold of the CCNA teaching materials? When I did my CCNA at a netacademy there were brilliant slide shows and presentations along with a Lab book.

I can probably find my old lab book but I think CCNA has been updated since mine was published and I'd much rather teach the new course.

Has anyone done anything similar to this and what approach did you take?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Fri, 06/20/2008 - 18:43

Hi David,

I saw this posted by Andy a couple of months ago and thought about what a great thing this was :)

From the author of the CiscoPress CCNA Study Guides Wendell Odom (all sorts of invaluable info on building a CCNA lab);

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/24916

Hope this helps! And best of luck with your new role,

Rob

PS: I would look into CBT Nuggets for some excellent video info for the CCNA Track.

Actions

This Discussion