cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Unity 5.0

kingsleyn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, am trying to install unity 5.0 and I have gotten to the pace to set up the CUSPA and I can not seem to locate the CD were it is located to find the directory accordin to the installation book.

I have 2 packs of CDs named Cisco Unity Platform Configurations disc and according to the installation guide, am to go to the Unity Service pack CD1 to brose to CUSPA directory.

I need help with this.

Thanks in advance

16 Replies 16

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you should have a Cisco Unity Service Packs DVD. You don't have this disc?

Brandon

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you need to download the service packs, you can do so from cisco.com voice software downloads site here.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=5.0(1)&mdfid=281063851&sftType=Unity%20Service%20Packs&optPlat=null&nodecount=3&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco%20Unity%20Version%205.0&treeMdfId=278875240&treeName=Voice%20and%20Unified%20Communications&modifmdfid=null&imname=null&hybrid=Y&imst=N&lr=Y

Tray

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

When you download the software, the DVD (for English) is called CiscoUnity5.0.1-ServicePacks-ENU-DVD1.exe. There should be a directory on the DVD called CUSPA. Look for the file called cuspa.vbs and execute this file.

Regards, Ginger

Thanks alot for your help.

Hello,

I have downloaded the service pack but the cuspa.vbs is giving me an error.

I need help please.

Thanks

We can't help you all that much if you don't post the error you are getting now can we? =)

Please post the error that you are getting word for word and we can better assist you once we know what the error is.

Thanks!

Tray

The error is as follows:

Windows Script Host

Script: C/ document and settings/administrator/desktop/spdvd

Line: 242

Char: 2

Error: File not found

Code: 800A0035

Source: Mircosoft VBScript runtime error

Thanks alot

Try copying the whole DVD folder to a root directory instead of having it in your desktop directory and run it from there. I see a previous case that did that to get around the error. This should work becuase there is a bug on this saying it will give you that error if there is a space in the directory path. In your case it would be the "Documents and Settings" portion of the path that is causing this. Bug id is CSCso33445.

Tray

Thanks alot Tray,

It worked CUSPA ran and finshed installing.

I am having another hicupp yet again, I dont have the unity Data store CD as I need to install Enterprise Manager and set the password.

Someone again, please help.

Thanks again.

I believe this is something you should have supplied. We don't have this available for customers as it's a licensed product. Maybe someone here has the ability but I don't know of a copy anywhere we could supply.

Tray

Thanks Tray,

Are you saying it is a CD I should hv been shipped with the Unity Server or its because I am installing MSDE on the server?

If you purchase a server from Cisco (MCS) the the Data Store CD is the SQ 2000 and the one that you are looking for.

If you provided your own server then you need to provide SQL and Exchange and the OS.

rlp

Thanks so much for all your help.

I have the CDs needed for the installation and everything seems to be going on well for now.

But one thing, how long does it take unity to install as I am just not seeing it move after like an hour of starting the installtion of Unity and also, is there an antivirus preinstalled on the server and what names do they call antivirus services.

Thanks again for your help and assistance.

In my experience the Unity install itself can take 2 hours or so but you usually see the progress. Also, AV doesn't come installed with Unity. You would have to have installed it yourself.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: