Helpful
Replies

Unity Bulk edits

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have a customer running Unity 5.0

Each semester they have to go into Unity and CHANGE users Alternate Extension and their MWI extension,.

Is there a way they can use a .csv that contains the user and their new Alternate extension and MWI extension,to CHANGE existing users?

I see the bulk import tool, but didn't see a way to change existing users

thanks for any help!

8 Replies 8

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Check the Bulk Edit Tool, you can do a query of the subscribers you want to change and then modify fields like Alternate Extensions.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_BulkEditUtility_40.htm

Works fot 5.X too

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

I see where you can change the field, but what we need is to change multiple users to multiple extensions

Ie.

tim jones - alternate extension was 5000 is now 6000

sarah steel - alternate extension was 3000 is now 5000

over 1000 users they have to change each semester.

In the bulk edit you can change the field but it only allows you to change it to the same number for everyone.

I need a way to use a file to change multiple people to multiple numbers at once

thanks!

I see where you can change the field, but what we need is to change multiple users to multiple extensions

Ie.

tim jones - alternate extension was 5000 is now 6000

sarah steel - alternate extension was 3000 is now 5000

over 1000 users they have to change each semester.

In the bulk edit you can change the field but it only allows you to change it to the same number for everyone.

I need a way to use a file to change multiple people to multiple numbers at once

thanks!

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Rather than using a .CSV file (like CallManager), its easier in Unity to use the Bulk Edit tool.

Tell them to look for a folder called "commserver\Utilities\BulkEdit" and run the application from here (or go straight from Tools Depot > Administration Tools)

They just need to select the subscribers and edit the relevant fields....

Please rate if useful.....

The tool would allow them to change all of the users to a single alternate extension or manipulate their extension to make an alternate extension

But their alternate extensions do not correlate to their actual extensions. So the the bulk edit looks like it won't work.

Unless someone knows a way for it to work

Unfortunately there's no other way of doing it that I know of. You can export the data via an information dump (in tools depot) but there's no way of re-importing it with the changes.

The only other way is to possibly do it in SQL but I've looked at editing the tables and it doesn't look fun!

If Bulk is not enough I use SQL update query against Unity database. You need to be careful, but works great ;)

--

regards,

PK

You can find some more information about UnityDB here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/UnityObjectModel.doc

--

regards,

PK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: