Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency speed dial

crodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning everyone.

I am trying to setup a speed dial that would ring a selected group of users to warn them about a emergency situation, something like the buttons under a receptionists desk for example, which when activated it would call 911 or building security.

How can I accomplish this. I can get the first part fine (getting the phones to ring to several devices) but I am trying to make this happen through a Unity call handler or something like that.

When the speed dial is pressed at device A it rings to device B. When the user answers he hears a message such as "This is an emergency call, we need assistance in the front desk...whatever"

Is this possible?

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Carlos,

There is a great step by step here;

Hotdial on IP Phones with CallManager Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml#intro

Hope this helps!

Rob

I don't know of any way to play an Announcement to the Far End phones. In most cases the understanding is that someone is dispatched from Security any time one of these Emergency calls rings through. The call display at Security will show where the call came from.

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Its the end of my day.. so the head is a bit wrecked..

Cant you just create a 2nd DN on the phones. Make everyone aware it is the emergency DN.

Point the speed dial to that number.

It will ring, and the called party will see who is ringing. So now they know it is emergency, and who is having the emergency.

Doesnt that accomplish the same?

Users could configure that line with a distinctive ring so they can tell the difference. Although that is not fool proof as they could accidentally change this.

Maybe a possibility of using Unity and Call handlers.. you can do a transfer with an announce caller option. But I think unity expects to collect the name etc from the caller before announcing it to the called party. i.e. I dont think you can use your recorded name to insert that message.

Cheers,

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: