Views
Helpful
Replies

SITE To SITE VPN issue

hyderabadnoc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends the problem for me is,

We are supporting one of the US client from india.For that we are having primary line as MPLS which is running in the Cisco 2800 series router and the back up line as site to site VPN which is running in Cisco ASA5510.recently we have configured this Site to Site VPN.Now i am facing the problem that when ever my MPLS link is goes done then only iam able to send a traffic through the VPN. Now i want to send some my traffic through the VPN even MPLS link up. Can somebody help on this issue.if require i will send my configurations also.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That would be great, keep us posted :)

Regards

Farrukh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

a.alekseev
Level 7
Level 7

please

show your network topology

yes, Please Find the attachment of my MPLS Router & VPN Configuration on ASA.

Please let us if you want any thing more

You are seeing this behavior because this is exactly how your ASA is configured:

route MPLS 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 100.31.100.2 1 track 1

route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 121.241.164.129 10 track 1

The second default router has a higher AD of 10 and it will not be utilized until the first one goes down (MPLS). You cannot have two equal cost default routes on the ASA pointing towards two different interfaces. Have a look at this link to have a better understanding of these commands:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml

To overcome this you can add specific routes exiting the outside interface like this:

route outside 55.55.55.0 255.255.255.0 121.241.164.129

Also dude consider this sincere advice, be careful when you post configurations on public forums, lots of meaningful information is present in your configuration scripts.

Regards

Farrukh

Thank you very much for your suggestion, from next time onwards i will follow that.

The link that you are provided is very use full for me.

once i will do the changes i will let you now.

That would be great, keep us posted :)

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: