cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with making a call via the CTIOS Softphone

aecooper71
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using the VB version of the softphone and CTIOS version 7.2.1. In our call center our agents have another application that needs to trigger the agent making a call. To do this, the other application modifies a file, "c:\cache\dial.dat". The file contains the account number and the number to be dialed. The softphone is watching the file and when it sees that it has been modified, it reads the file and makes a call for the agent to the number in the file and sticks the account number into CallVariable1. At least that is what it is supposed to do.

To test the functionality, I placed a button on the softphone main form and then attached the following code to that button's OnClick event.

<code>

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Dim args As New CTIOSCLIENTLib.Arguments

Dim temp As String

Dim path As String = "c:\cache\dial.dat"

Dim fs As FileStream

Dim sr As StreamReader

Dim flag As Boolean = True

Dim acctNum As New String("")

Dim dialNum As New String("")

Dim tempArray As Array

fs = File.OpenRead(path)

sr = New StreamReader(fs)

Try

While flag

temp = sr.ReadLine()

If temp.IndexOf("ACCT_NUM") > -1 Then

tempArray = temp.Split(",")

acctNum = tempArray(2)

acctNum = acctNum.Replace("""", "")

acctNum = acctNum.Replace(" ", "")

args.AddItem("CallVariable1", acctNum)

ElseIf temp.IndexOf("_DIAL_OUT") > -1 Then

tempArray = temp.Split(",")

dialNum = tempArray(2)

dialNum = dialNum.Replace("""", "")

dialNum = dialNum.Replace(" ", "")

If dialNum.Substring(1, 3) = "615" Then

dialNum = dialNum.Substring(4)

End If

dialNum = "9" + dialNum

args.AddItem("DialedNumber", dialNum)

End If

If (acctNum.Length > 0 And dialNum.Length > 0) Or temp.Length = 0 Then

flag = False

End If

End While

' send makecall request

m_Agent = m_Session.GetCurrentAgent()

m_Agent.MakeCall(args)

Catch ex As Cisco.CtiOs.Util.CtiOsException

MsgBox(ex.ToString)

End Try

End Sub

</code>

This works fine. Clicking the button reads the file and then makes the call. No big deal. So, at this point I create a FileSystemWatcher object and give it the following properties.

<code>

watcher.Path = "c:\cache\"

watcher.Filter = "dial.dat"

watcher.NotifyFilter = NotifyFilters.LastWrite

watcher.EnableRaisingEvents = True

</code>

And then I copy/paste the exact code that was in the Buttons Click event into the FileSystemWatcher's OnChange event. I start the softphone and then modify the file to test the application. At this point the application throws the following CTIOS exception.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException(0x800101050; The server threw an exception

at Cisco.CTIOSCLIENTLib.AgentClass.MakeCall(Arguments pIArguments)

at CTIOSSoftphone.frmCTIOSSoftphone.watcher_Changed(Object sender, FileSystemEventsArgs e) in C:\NotifyMD_Code_Working\OutboundDesktop\frmCTIOSSoftphone.vb:line 2412

I can still hit the button and the code executes fine. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this error? Normally I might take this to the Microsoft VB.NET boards but this seems to be a CTIOS thing, so I figured I'd bring it up here. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew Cooper

5 Replies 5

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Andrew,

did a quick check at the code and I could not find anything wrong on it. I can confirm we didn't register a similar error so far, which would point possibly to some VB dependency.

As always for this and similar issues i truly recommend using the dev support services group.

Regards,

Riccardo

Where is this mythical land of Dev Support Services Group? I wish to journey there and partake of their vast wisdom.

Andrew

That was a good one.

Regards,

Geoff

You guys kick much buttocks.

Thanks,

Andrew