cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with phones getting new DHCP address

teresawhitlock
Level 1
Level 1

We have a number of buildings and different Voice VLANs in each building. When users move from building to building and attempt to take their phone the phones will not grab a new IP address and continue to try the old IP.

We can manually reset them, but I have a ton of users moving from one building to another and I'd like to see if there is a way the phones can do this without manual resets.

We have a DHCP helper address pointing to a Microsoft Windows 2003 DHCP server. New phones have no problem getting addresses.

Any help is appreciated!

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, which FW do you have on the phones? Perhaps if you upgrade to same as the new ones, you would have no problems.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. Any phones that do not currently have an IP will get a new one fine.

Yes, what I'm saying upgrade the old phones with new firmware, they will be also totally reset and should work when moved.

So, this is a known problem with the firmware not getting a proper IP address?

Which versions of the firmware have fixed it if that's the case?

Also, is there any other way than doing a firmware upgrade since that's a major undertaking?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: