CUVA local video crashes

Unanswered Question
Jun 18th, 2008
User Badges:

My customer has two clusters, SIDE A & SIDE B connected by an Intercluster Trunk

SIDE A ---- ICT ----- SIDE B

They showed me that when trying to make a video call from a SIDE A phone (7940 or 7961) with CUVA to a SIDE B phone (7985) the local video fails, while the remote video is visible. Audio plays Ok all the time.

If the direction of the call is reversed (SIDE B CALLS SIDE A) the call proceeds fine, with no issues.

Also, if the same DN is used from an IP Communicator sitting behind the problematic 7940, calling from SIDE A to SIDE B the call goes ok with video, too!

When the Video fails, I see the video windows popping up and inmediately crashing down, without any error messages.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Is this a bug? Is a misconfiguration issue?

I generated some reports with the CUVA Repoting tool, but I can't make much sense out of the output.

The Callmanager on SIDE A is 5.1(3)

Phones showing the issue on SIDE A

Cisco IP Phone 7961G-GE

SCCP41.8-3-4SR1S

VT Advantage: 2.1.1.0

Windows Vista

Cisco IP Phone 7940

8.0(7.0)

VT Advantage: 2.0.3.0

Windows XP

Phone on SIDE B

cmterm_7985.4-1-5-0

Model Number 7985G

CUCM 5.1(3a)

Can anybody help me?

Best Regards,

Ariel

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
animeshpatel Wed, 08/06/2008 - 09:19
User Badges:

Hello,

We have experienced similar issues. When joining the call into a video conference between two clusters, the local window pops up & crashes with no error messages.

Actions

This Discussion