cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1250 APs have turned their radios off.

Andrew.Prescott
Level 1
Level 1

We upgraded our controler to ver 5 to cure an issue where the 1250 APs would not turn their radios on. The upgrade seemed to cure that issue but it looks to have come back. Has anyone seen this situation before. I am going to look at this in our lab tomorrow.

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version were you running prior to 5. I have a bunch of installs using the 1252 and the 4.2 code with no issues at all.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I believe they were on 4.1.x and needed to upgrade to get around another issue. I have other WISMs on later versions of 4.2 and they are ok. This sites manager decided to upgrade to 5.0.X.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1252's require the 4.2 code or higher. Also the 1252's require more power than 15.4W. You can supply full 20W with any E-Series switches with a certain firmware. If connected to a 6509, there are other requirements needed to supply 16.8W. If you have a power injector or power cord, then you should be fine. Also make sure no one is pushing out a template in WCS that shuts off the radios.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: