cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

when to start Presense configuration

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. I am in the middle of staging a new install and I have a Presense server to do also in this. CUCM and Unity are being done first, and then after all is complete with these two, I planned on starting on Presense. Is that the right way to do a Presense server, to configure it last, after all the other CUCM and Unity is completed?

4 Replies 4

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes John. That is indeed the right way. In fact, there are several pre-installation tasks for installing Presence that depend on CUCM having been previously installed.

Some of these pre-installation tasks include:

1. Before the installation, obtain the necessary information for configuring Cisco Unified Presence on the first and second nodes (if applicable).

2. Before installing Cisco Unified Presence, ensure that you have added the Cisco Unified Presence node as an application server on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager first node.

3. Before installing Cisco United Presence, ensure that the you activate the Cisco AXL Web Service on the associated Cisco Unified Communications Manager server.

4. Before installing Cisco Unified Presence, ensure that the server has network access to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager first node.

These are documented here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/6_0_1/install_upgrade/installation/guide/cpins601.html#wp59698

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Thanks Michael.

You're welcome, John. Let us know how your presence experience goes.

Regards,

Michael.

I will. Thanks. It will be a couple of weeks, but Ill make sure I update you. Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: