cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0

salihfadil
Level 1
Level 1

I am a beginner at CiscoWorks, I have installed LMS 3.0. What configurations must be done in order to use LMS?

on the device part;

a unique device name must be assigned, snmp, cdp, rcp must be set. is that all? or do I miss something?

how about on the server part? what must be done initially to use LMS?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS requires SNMP to be enabled on a device in order to manage it. At the very least, this means an SNMP read-only community string. It order to get the most out of LMS, you should also have SNMP read-write credentials.

Depending on the device, and the tasks you wish to perform in LMS, you will also need telnet/SSH access to the device. RCP is not required unless you cannot use, or do not wish to use TFTP or SCP.

CDP is required on all managed interfaces in order to use the Campus Manager topology component. LMS 3.0.1 has a discovery engine that does not require CDP.

To get an idea of how to deploy LMS, take a look at our whitepapers. They will walk you through all of the key setup procedures:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/prod_white_papers_list.html

You'll want to read the deployment guide whitepaper.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS requires SNMP to be enabled on a device in order to manage it. At the very least, this means an SNMP read-only community string. It order to get the most out of LMS, you should also have SNMP read-write credentials.

Depending on the device, and the tasks you wish to perform in LMS, you will also need telnet/SSH access to the device. RCP is not required unless you cannot use, or do not wish to use TFTP or SCP.

CDP is required on all managed interfaces in order to use the Campus Manager topology component. LMS 3.0.1 has a discovery engine that does not require CDP.

To get an idea of how to deploy LMS, take a look at our whitepapers. They will walk you through all of the key setup procedures:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/prod_white_papers_list.html

You'll want to read the deployment guide whitepaper.