Helpful
Replies

mac-address problem.

ilnaiduccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I am getting message from one of my switch-port like

"MESSAGE INFO : Jun 17 17:53:42 gmt: %PORT_SECURITY-SP-2-PSECURE_VIOLATION: Security violation occurred, caused by MAC address 0014.22ca.6cc5 on port GigabitEthernet1/20"

I am thinking about this may be there port-security enabled on this port so that if any device with different mac-address connect to this port then security voilations will occur am i right?

Regards,

Naidu.

4 Replies 4

keeleym
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Naidu

It looks like a "Port Security" generated message to me.

Best Regards,

Michael

Hi Naidu,

You got it right. Its because of the port security configuration where this particular mac address user is not alowed to get access on that specific interface.

Explanation An unauthorized device attempted to connect on a secure port. The MAC address of the unauthorized device and the secure port are specified in the message text.

Recommended Action Determine the device that attempted to connect on the secure port. Notify your network system administrator of this condition.

From Cisco.com

-> Sushil

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for your well explaination about my query.

So if we need to disable the port security, what is the steps & command to be followed.

Hope your support to be continue.

Regards,

Naidu.

Hi Naidu,

Here's the cofiguration guide for port-security on 2960 switch -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12.2_44_se/configuration/guide/swtrafc.html#wp1038501

REfer to this for disabling port-scurity.

You can find similar document for other switch model as well.

Disabling port-security would be no form of the commands used to enable it.

-> Sushil

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card