Views
Helpful
Replies

ap1231 and ipod touch

daysleeper
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

i need to configure an ap1231 for the ipod touch, the ap is already configurated for tkip but the ipod doesn't support this type of cypher.

I'm not sure about the resolution of this issue, i can use wpa migration configuring tkip/wep128? Or is better to configure another ssid on the same radio interface?

Thanks to all and best regards,

Carlo S.

5 Replies 5

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Seems that you are not alone on this matter:

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-34648.html

Have you tried changing tkip to aes?

I know that i'm not alone...

i have read the thread and i don't have already tryed to configure aes.

Is the very first time i modify a configuration that is working fine with other equipment, but if i don't try i don't know!

Is possible to configure 2 ssid for the same vlan?

I'm trying now to change tkip in aes-ccm but seems windows cannot connect to the wireless network.

I have only changed the cipher mode to aes-ccm...i must change other element?

I don't understand why i cannot see the wireless network if i use aes-ccm, i changed cipher from tkip to aes-ccm, but if i try to connect from win xp i cannot join the wireless network....

If i change the cipher i must configure other things?

The key management is always wpa i really don't know what can i do!

In the lwapp setup you can bind multiple ssids to the same vlan, not sure about autonomous mode though.. same bridge group for multiple ssids? never tried it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card