Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0.1 error: "No buffer space available"

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are configuring a LMS 3.0.1. Yesterday everything runs perfectly but this morning it was stopped. We have been looking trough the logs and I have found the messages I attach in the ani.log.

The message "No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): JVM_Bind" is very strange.

We also are testing HUM module and yesterday we configured some pollings. Is it possible that LMS had stopped due to a high load?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is most likely related to a problem with DFM. Upgrade to DFM 3.0.3, reboot, and this problem should go away.

Thank you very much, I've applied the DFM 3.0.3 patch and now we will wait until tomorrow for testing the results.

I'm not sure if it's related but it was mandatory to set up a SMTP server in the LMS 3.0.1 custom installation and we don't want to use it, how can we delete this SMTP server?

If we uninstall only DFM and IPM modules, LMS will run perfectly or could we cause it any damage?

Thanks.

You can remove the SMTP server under Common Services > Server > Admin > System Preferences. RME and Campus will work fine if DFM and IPM are not installed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: