Views
Helpful
Replies

dot net (c#) or netbeans (java)

marwa_ads
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am a new beginner in this interesting field, i read a lot about it and i want to start building my own application, My Question is: which is better to use java and Net beans IDE or use c# and .net,

which will be easier, having more support and cisco libraries.

thanks a lot,

Marwa

3 Replies 3

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

It depends, if you want to do call control application it might be easier to use JTAPI and Java than c# and TAPI because TAPI is winapi, so it's easiest to use with VC++ or VB.

--

regards,

PK

thanks a lot for your help, I'll go on with java, as i am not good in neither Vc++ nor VB.

Thanks,

Marwa

to add upon that, while I do like the C# language more (especially returning multiple variables.. ) if you are looking at CTI, I'd also suggest Java. There are however a few things you can do with TAPI that you canot do with JTAPI (or could.. ccm 6 finally introduces recording but I'm not sure about playback).. but then again TAPI requires a native language or a wrapper so you have one component over which you have no control and which could cause issues.

Note that if you go for CUAE (look it up in cisco.com), C# is natively supported in the IDE. So, the language choice should depend on whether you're goign to attack the APIs directly or if you're going via CUAE (it'll get java bindings plus binding for other languages).