cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

debug isdn q931 on gateway question

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. Im in the process of staging a new install and Im just trying to verify that digits are being sent over to my new gateway. I have it all configured and I have debug isdn q931 on, but Im not seeing the call trying to go through the router. Now, I do not have the PRI plugged in, I only have a T1 loop in to get a green CD light on the VWIC card. Im thinking I should be able to at least see the call trying to go out, even though it wont because of the loop back plug I have in it. Is this correct? I think I have everything set up correctly on the CUCM, the same as I have done it many times before, but Im just not seeing the digits come across to the gateway. I guess my question is if I dont have the PRI in place, would I see the digits come across to the gateway?

29 Replies 29

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

I guess the most important question is if the gateway is mgcp or H323. If it is mgcp is the endpoint registered with the call manager? If it is not then the call manager would not attempt to send the call to an unregistered endpoint. If it is H323 I would say yes you should see the call if you have the correct dial peer configuration.

Yeah, MGCP. Says "Registered" when I do a show ccm-manager. In CUCM, it says registered with the IP address of CUCM.

Did you verify your route patterns and route lists in ccm to make sure that when you make an outbound call you are indeed using that gateway?

Yeah, its the only one I have setup now. I havent entered the other gateways yet.

I can dial 911 and it starts to process the call, but I never see it on the gateway. I just didnt know if it was because of the PRI not being in place, and me just using a loopback.

I have never tried your exact scenario with a loopback plug on the PRI. I would think though you would see the call at least hit the GW. What is your out put of a "debug voip ccapi inout"

No output at all. Just tried it. Just like with debug isdn q931. Just nothing.

That tells me that the call is never getting to the gateway then if you dont see anything on ccapi.

Hmmmm. Ok, let me review, see what you think. I have a route pattern, 911, that says go to route list RL. RL points to route group RG, no special config in it. Route group has in "selected devices" S0/SU0/DS1-0... I click on that interface at the bottom and it takes me to S0/SU0/DS1-0 page, where it says registered with CUCM IP address. What else should I check?

have you verified partition and CSS? Run the DNA and see if the call goes where you think it does.

The config does sound right though.

ok, some of my ignorance here, but what is the DNA?

Its the Dialed number analyzer. I don't know what version of CCM you have, but it would be in the plug ins as an application to download. This takes what is in your database and uses those configurations to simulate a call and where it would end up.

Here is a little something on it but you may have to find something more specific for your version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dna/4_0_1/dnai.html

I have 6.1.1 . Just went and looked for it on the plugins page. Didnt see it. Going to look at the link you sent.

Then it is in Cisco Unified Serviceability and under tools.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: