Unanswered Question
Jun 19th, 2008

I would like to install a vwic card in my cisco router to set up an isdn connection(E1).The telecom provider is using RJ11 connector.Do i need to purchase another equipement for conversion or does cisco has a vwic card with integrated modem?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Chris Deren Thu, 06/19/2008 - 08:24

ISDN E1/T1 (PRI) connection can not be delivered over RJ11, it has to be RJ48 (similar to RJ45). RJ11 is used for POTS connections such as FXO or FXS. You should use VWIC2-MFT-T1E1 card for E1 PRI connections.



Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 06/19/2008 - 08:24

Hi, you just need the VWIC or vwic card and a straight cable to connect, nothing else is needed.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!


This Discussion