Views
Helpful
Replies

cupc and moc interoperability

feisalb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

Can someone shed some light on the below scenario. Remember its a scenario and I don't know if anyone has implemented this but I need to know pro's and con's and limitations.

Scenario:

CUCM 6.X, OCSS 2007, CUPS, CUPC AND MOC.

Users have moc and/or cupc clients.

1. Will a moc client be able to see the presence status of a cupc client(softphone mode or desk phone mode)?

I heard something about 1 way presence ??

I assume with Remote call control moc clients can control Cisco IP phones and will be able to see presence status of other devices that are remote call controlled as well as other moc clients in their buddy list. I guess this is the same as cupc in desk phone mode.

2. If you have exchange 2007 with the appropriate licensing why would you need Cisco Unity (unified comms)as it does all in one inbox (fax, voice mail,e-mail)?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

Feisal

3 Replies 3

mlitka
Level 2
Level 2

To answer a few of your questions:

We have CUPS and OCS up in the lab. The MOC client that is enabled with RCC will have its presence value state as 'In a Call' when they are on the phone. This gets published to anything else that is OCS presence enabled (Sharepoint, MOC clients, Outlook, etc).

From the research we have done here, only Exchange 2007 can integrate with OCS 2007. This question is one a lot of people are asking now. Unity has much more advanced call handling capabilities. And in 5.x it has some new features that you will probably never see in Exchange such as Phone View, Message Monitor and Visual Message Locator.

Thanks for the info Michael

Please rate posts if you find the information useful!

Thanks!