cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP questions

mcdonovan
Level 1
Level 1

When defining enhanced conference resources on a 3825 Router . I defined 16 conferences. Does it refer to an actual conference with a certain amount of user streams, utilizing the same resource or does it reflect a user based conference stream? In which case 16 conferences would be 16 actual users per one or more conference.

Is there a limit on an amount of meet-me conferences a CCM 4.1.3 can support. What is the limit on participants per each meet-me conference. Please answer the same questions in regards to AD-HOC conferences.

Also, it is possible to chain multiple meet-me conferences? What about across clusters? For example 10 users in cluster A one of cluster A users conferences in a Meet-me session in Cluster B?

Last but not least.

For example. we have 2 or 3 routers will DSP's providing conference and transcoding resources. Is Callmanager capable assigning resources from all 3 routers for users within the same conference and transcoding session, or is there any kind of limitation or restriction on those abilities.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

several of this questions have been already answered throughly on previous posts.

a conference session means that you will allocate all the channels at once. usually 8 participants per session using g711 or 2 if using G71 / 729 due to the fact it also needs to XCODE.

You can refer to the SRND under the Media resources for more explanation.

a SW conference bridge can handle at most 128 streams.

under service parameters you define how many ad-hoc and how many users for meetme

based on that number 128/number of users, just do the math. the sum of both should not be more than 128 per SW CFB.

usually the limit is set to 48 users on SW for ad-hoc and 64 for meetme. be aware you will get all the resources once you ask for a conference, they're not dynamic

it's possible to join one meet-me with other one, though it's not the best thing to do.

you can do it inter-clusters, just as you can do it by having PSTN users join the meet-me.

the one that creates the meet-me determines which resources will be used

if you set the resources under the same MRG they will be used in a round-robin fashion to distribute the load. no issue on that, i've seen guys that have over 50 CFBs and XCODERS on the same cluster with no issues, just configure the right way the MRG and MRGLs

as i mentioned, read the SRND under media resources, very good reference on all this

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

several of this questions have been already answered throughly on previous posts.

a conference session means that you will allocate all the channels at once. usually 8 participants per session using g711 or 2 if using G71 / 729 due to the fact it also needs to XCODE.

You can refer to the SRND under the Media resources for more explanation.

a SW conference bridge can handle at most 128 streams.

under service parameters you define how many ad-hoc and how many users for meetme

based on that number 128/number of users, just do the math. the sum of both should not be more than 128 per SW CFB.

usually the limit is set to 48 users on SW for ad-hoc and 64 for meetme. be aware you will get all the resources once you ask for a conference, they're not dynamic

it's possible to join one meet-me with other one, though it's not the best thing to do.

you can do it inter-clusters, just as you can do it by having PSTN users join the meet-me.

the one that creates the meet-me determines which resources will be used

if you set the resources under the same MRG they will be used in a round-robin fashion to distribute the load. no issue on that, i've seen guys that have over 50 CFBs and XCODERS on the same cluster with no issues, just configure the right way the MRG and MRGLs

as i mentioned, read the SRND under media resources, very good reference on all this

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

the defined maximum sessions defines how many conference bridges will be available. With PVDM2 chipsets each conference can support up to 8 participants. Here is a good doc on this topic:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/interop/intcnf2.html

There is really no limit on meetme in CM, the limit is your resources. The default number of aprticipants is 4 and can be increased to 8. Same applies to ad-hoc.

You can not chain meet me conferences, you can chain ad-hoc conference I belive in CM 6.1 or 7.0 (7.0 is not out yet, I dont recall which one introdeces the feature).

Once a conference bridge is established all calls joining it will join the same conference brdige hence the same DSP (PVDMs), so the answer is NO.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the great responses javalenc and Chris!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: