Views
Helpful
Replies

distinguish moh for internal and external calls

dbenattou
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i have CUCM6.0 and H323 gateway, my need is to play internal moh for internal calls to CCM, and play another moh music that i will stock at gateway for external calls.

How can i do that ?

i have tried to change MRGL with one server that have the multicast activated, but it doesn't work.

thanks at advance.

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately there is no way to acomplish this as the moh source file configured on the phone (or via a device pool) is played, and there is no way to make a distinction from internal vs external caller. MRGL only controls which MOH server is invoked.

I guess the one way to do it though could be to use a different MOH server for the GW (via different MRGL) and upload the MOH source file under the same name to the other server.

Chris

the only possible way i could think of doing this would be to have 2 separate MOH servers both using the same multicast IP address, but you would need to configure the network so that the ip phones listen to the stream from one MOH server and the GW to other one when told to.

this of course would mean you would need to configure ACLs and/or different subnets on which the streams would not mix in the network

not sure if you see this as a possible option

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

hello,

thanks for your reply.

My request if it's possible to isolate the publisher and susciber in order to have 2 Moh servers.

thanks

you can have an MOH server per CUCM server, so that's possible. not sure if i'm understanding correctly the question, can you elaborate?

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

hello,

i mean that if i can to have 2 MOH servers equal.

the first at the publisher and the second at the subscriber.

Regards

the configuration for the MOH server in the same cluster is replicated on all servers running the MOH, so not sure what you mean

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: