Upgrading 4700 Series ACE Software from Appendix A of Admin Guide

Unanswered Question

We have an ACE 4710 device and want to update the software to the latest version (c4710ace-mz.A1_8_0a). We are following the instructions on the Upgrading Your ACE Software document and got as far as the software is loaded on the device, but when I enter a reload command, it doesn't come up with the new software. A "Show Bootvar" command shows the updated software is there but it has the old software also, see the following:

Boot Variable "image:/c4710ace-mz.3.0.0_A1_7a.bin;image:/c4710ace-mz.A1_8_0a.bin"

Config register is 0x1

I entered the "No boot system image:" command thinking that this would unset the previously configured boot variable, but it didn't seem too.

Any insight? Thanks, Chris.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Hopefully this is something simple and someone will respond...We have an ACE 4710 device and want to update the software to the latest version (c4710ace-mz.A1_8_0a). We are following the instructions on the Upgrading Your ACE Software document and got as far as the software is loaded on the device, but when I enter a reload command, it doesn't come up with the new software. A "Show Bootvar" command shows the updated software is there but it has the old software also, see the following:

Boot Variable "image:/c4710ace-mz.3.0.0_A1_7a.bin;image:/c4710ace-mz.A1_8_0a.bin"

Config register is 0x1

I entered the "No boot system image:" command thinking that this would unset the previously configured boot variable, but it didn't seem too.

Any insight? Thanks, Chris.

Actions

This Discussion