cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot conference two incoming calls already on the lines.

julianunderwood
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

UC520, look at user Jonathan. This happens with all users on the system. If Jon receives a call it gets picked up by default on 201 A. If he receives another call it comes in on 201 B. How does he then connect the calls and have a three-way conference?

Currently if he has 201 A on hold and is talking on 201 B, if he hits conference and hits 201 A it doesn't connect. Can you see anything wrong with this config? How can he conference? If he is talking on 201 A and then hits conference and dials a number then connects then hits conference it works fine. The two buttons are assigned to "1" and "2".

Let me know and thanks.

Julian

!

ephone-dn 10 dual-line

number 201 secondary +1110002323 no-reg primary

label Jon - 201 A

description Jonathan Litt

name Jon - 201 A

call-forward noan 400 timeout 10

huntstop channel

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 15 dual-line

number 201 secondary +1110002323 no-reg primary

label Jon - 201 B

description Jonathan Smith

name Jon - 201 B

preference 1

call-forward busy 400

call-forward noan 400 timeout 10

huntstop channel

no huntstop

!

!

!

ephone 5

device-security-mode none

video

mac-address 0021.5503.412F

username "jsmith" password 9112

type 7961

button 1:10 2b15 3m11 4m16

button 5m12 6m17

!

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I don't remember at this time if "Join" conferencing is supported on the CME. However, an alternative way to do that is the following:

- Configure call-parking, with the matching DN number as explained in the guide.

- Park one call, go back on the other, from there conference to the call park number.

That should work.

Thanks for your response, that is not an ideal solution but if there is no other way, then that is what has to be done.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Julian

it's the same as with regular CUCM, if you have a phone with 2 DNs (same or different, same thing) on the same phone the only way to join the calls is to have a man in the middle to take the call. in this case as noted by Paolo a call park would be the best choice.

that's because there is a call per DN, not several calls on the same DN in which case you could join them.

i'd say go with Paolo's suggestion

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

But there is a single call on each DN (dn 10 and dn 15 as above)--maybe I am missing something here?

Is there maybe a different way I could configure the phone all together so it appears to have two lines to the end user and he or she could join the calls to conference?

I don't see why the situation is any different if the calls are received versus one was received and then one was directly conferenced in (called).

Thanks and regards,

Julian

Hi,

Actually the ephone-dn as you can see, is dual-line. The way you configured, you gave four lines. And yes I've checked that Select and Join are available, these are softkeys that you configure in ephone-template and use to join an established call to conference.

As usual the details are in the administrator guide.

So it is not possible to join two existing calls on two separate DN's--I will configure parking of calls and they will have to conference in the parked number to "join" these calls.

Thanks for your help.

Julian

That's not what I said, I've indicated above the softkeys with which you should be able to select the call and join into conference. I've never used that and you should try if it works for you.

I've indicated parking slot as an alternative that should work anyway.

Well, I will try that but... I'm having problems with conferencing in a parked call.

I have two calls on the two DN's on my phone. I have one on hold and I've parked the other one to X8203.

If I pick up the one on hold and hit "conference 8203" it just makes the call come back to my phone-no joining or conferencing.

!

ephone-dn 27

number 8203

park-slot reserved-for 203 timeout 60 limit 6 recall

name Call Park for Jon

!

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Julian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: