cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

route a specific ip to a specific ip over wan?

gmtimmons
Level 1
Level 1

I need to route traffic from a particular server on our lan to a specific server across was through specific router. without sending all traffic to that server through that router. I want it to be something like this ip route host 10.x.x.x host 10.212.x.x nexthopip with specifc traffic, lets call it ftp

that possible?

thanks

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is called Policy Based Routing in cisco terminology. Look at the configuration guide (any release) and if you don't understand something come back to ask.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is nexthopip a different next hop IP address for this particular host ?

If it is then PBR (Policy Based Routing) is what you want. See attached link for details and come back if you have further questions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0/qos/configuration/guide/qcpolicy.html#wp4553

Jon

I understand same answer can be provided at the same time, but now we're down to same wording also! :)

Well done Jon!

Uncanny !

Thought you were taking some time off this summer ?. I reckon you lasted about a week - addictive this NetPro :-)

Mark,

PBR should help you out!

HTH

Thot

10.x.x.x and 10.212 are on sep subnets. But I only need some of the traffic on the server to go to 10.212 and the other traffic to stay local

Hi,

I'm not sure.Please show the topology.

One thing : You can add the specific route in your host file on that server.

HTH

Thot

Yes, as mentioned before you use PBR for that.

As an appreciation to those providing answers, please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card