Cisco 881 - Spec Question

challc2008
Level 1
Level 1

Any knows if this supports trunk ports?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Indeed it does:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/data_sheet_c78_459542.html

• 4-port 10/100 Fast Ethernet managed switch with VLAN support; two ports support Power over Ethernet (PoE) for powering IP phones or external access points

VLAN implies trunk ports and all the other things you do with VLAN.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

Nowadays the only kind of trunking for LAN interface is .Q, and the 881 supports that.

Thanks for the appreciation and good luck!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Considering the 87x with advanced ip service image does, I don't see why the 881 wouldn't.

Hi,

Maybe I'm wrong but I checked with cisco feature navigator. It doesn't support!

www.cisco.com/go/fn

HTH

Thot

Indeed it does:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/data_sheet_c78_459542.html

• 4-port 10/100 Fast Ethernet managed switch with VLAN support; two ports support Power over Ethernet (PoE) for powering IP phones or external access points

VLAN implies trunk ports and all the other things you do with VLAN.

Paolo,

Maybe I'm wrong. I've thought that he want to use dot.1q on those interfaces. Let's say connecting to the switch.

HTH

Thot

So what kind of trunking it supports then, if its not dot.1q?

Mohammad,

Hopes I understand you correct. I've thought about doing sub-interface and assign dot.1q on that interfaces then connect to the switch.That should call "one arm routing". It's fine to do vlans on the switches and let them to be routed by the router.

HTH

Thot

Here is what I am trying to accomplish. Have 881 ISR connected to a 2960 L2 switch. Create 3 VLAN's on the router and then create a trunk port to the switch for the VLAN's to pass over to that switch.

Nowadays the only kind of trunking for LAN interface is .Q, and the 881 supports that.

Thanks for the appreciation and good luck!

Anybody know what the max L3 throughput is for the 881?

I know the 871 was around 12 Mbps, so assuming it's higher than that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card