cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How To Upgrade ASA Software Without Losing Config?

AnnaStephanie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All. We are using an ASA 5520 device. We want to install the latest software on the device, but we do not want to lose our current firewall configuration. How do we do this? Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The software is not lost during the upgrade. However its a best-practice to take a backup before you do so. Just check the release notes for that particular release before upgrading for any 'caveats'.

Regards

Farrukh

Thanks for the advice. I figured out how to make a copy of the files sucessfully. I was able to upgrade the asa image file without losing the current firewall config. Thanks.

anna where'd you get the latest files?

Hi Michael, the ASA software files? Click Support-->Security-->Under Multi-function Security select Multi-function security appliances, in the last box, click on Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances. Then click on the Download Software link. You then have to logon to the Cisco site to download the .bin files. I hope this helps.

Looks like there aren't any firmware for Cisco ASA 5510.

Michael

No I don't think there has been the need of a firmware update as of yet.

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: