cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call flow in CME 4.2/CUE 2.3

scotteturner
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to solve a problem with call flows on CME 4.2/CUE 2.3.

At times, the operator forwards the line for the main number to the office to another extension. This works just fine and the person at the other extension can then answer the main number. The problem happens when the person at the forwarded extension does NOT answer the phone. It then forwards the caller on the main number to voice mail and they get the voice mail box for the main number, which is not what we need. We need it to play the auto attendent greeting so the caller can then dial an extension or use the directory to find someone. This works find if the operators phone is NOT forwarded, this only happens when it is forwarded.

What do I need to change to make this work correctly?

Thanks for your assistance.

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dhccoid.com
Level 1
Level 1

Try creating a new ephone-dn with a new number, set fona to the AA. Overlay this new ephone-dn with phone that you want to forward the main number to. Then forward the main number to this new ephone-dn number.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

try in the CUE GUI, Voice mail > VM configuration > Mailbox Selection > Original called number.

You could also set an hunt-group for the extension allowed to answer main line and that would make things easier, single button login/logout and operator availability status message.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

I currently have this set and that is what is causing it to go back to the operators VM and not play the auto attendent greeting.

Could you explain a little more on the set up of the hunt group and the operator availabilty status message?

Thanks,

Scott

I'm afraid that once the call is forwarded to the alternate extension, the original called number is lost. May be an issue with IOS, which exact ones are you using ?

Ephone-hunt is very simple. Pilot is your main number and give a list of extension. On the phones use a softkeys template to have Hlog at least in the idle state. Also configure hunt hlog under telephony-service. Final number will be AA number. You can also have phones to dynamically join the ephone-hunt, all is explained in the guide. A status message will tell if when low on operators to let people better share work.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

dhccoid.com
Level 1
Level 1

Try creating a new ephone-dn with a new number, set fona to the AA. Overlay this new ephone-dn with phone that you want to forward the main number to. Then forward the main number to this new ephone-dn number.

bretjaquish
Level 3
Level 3

Why not just use a pickup group off the main number? Then someone could pick the number up if they are available. If not it would just go to the AA.

I never to got to understand the benefits of call pickup vs. hunt with login/logout, as I think doesn't clearly dictates who is supposed to answer calls.

I understand certain places work better that way, but with ephone-hunt and login/logout, when you do not want to take calls, you press a button, so the caller doesn't have to wait for someone to answer the call.

Plus, when everyone is logged out, call goes immediately to AA, that is also preferred in most cases.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

I think Paolo's original answer is the way to simply fix this issue without any other reconfig's. This should not affect any other operations here either (+5 points Paolo)

Just change one setting to original called number (OCN) ....nice :)

You can fix this for CUE;

Mailbox selection

This configurable option specifies the mailbox to be used in case of call forward.

From this doc;

Cisco Unity Express

Release Notes for Cisco Unity Express 2.3

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/prod_release_note09186a0080679b50.html

Mailbox selection: Mailbox in which an incoming voice message is stored. The options are original called number (OCN) or the last redirected number (LRD). LRD is the default option. You would need to change this to OCN and you would be good to go :)

From this doc;

Cisco Unity Express 2.3 GUI Administrator Guide

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/unityexp/rel2_3/cue_cli/ch3sys.htm#wp1075610

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi All!

Thanks for everyone's suggestions on this. While they where all good suggestions I went with Danny's suggest on another ephone and doing the overlay. This worked great!

Thanks again!

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: