cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility

snzeadibe
Level 1
Level 1

i will like to understand the technology behind EM. when u create your userprofile, how will the CME associate that to my number configured under the ephone-dn because there is no place where d number to associate to the profile is specified.

i need to config EM for my client, i need to know how it will work. thanks

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sebastine,

The relationship for the DN (Directory Number) is built when you configure the User Profile. Take a look at Step 5. When the specified user logs into a phone using their Profile the IP Phone will populate the assigned number/numbers;

Configuring a User Profile

To configure a user profile for a phone user who logs into a Cisco Unified IP phone that is enabled for Extension Mobility, perform the following steps.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. voice user-profile profile-tag

4. user name password password

5. number number type type

6. speed-dial speed-tag number [label label] [blf]

7. pin number

8. max-idle-time minutes

9. privacy-button

10. end

Here is a closer look at Step 5

Creates line definition.

•number-Directory number to be associated with and displayed next to a button on a phone that is configured with this profile.

number number[,...number] type type

Example:

Router(config-user-profile)# number 2001 type

silent-ring

Router(config-user-profile)# number 2002 type

beep-ring

Router(config-user-profile)# number 2003 type

feature-ring

Router(config-user-profile)# number 2004 type

monitor-ring

Router(config-user-profile)# number 2005,2006

type overlay

Router(config-user-profile)# number 2007,2008

type cw-overl

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmemobl.html#wp1135822

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for your response,so the cmd number 2001 type silent-ring means user with extension number 2001 can pick their call on logging in? Meaning i will be limited to just users on ap[articular phone since the a number per button if am using a phone with 8 buttons

Hi Sebastine,

For the first question, yes, the user with extension 2001 would have 2001 on Line Button 1 when logged in (in this example :) The example profile I sent was for a 6 button phone 796x but could also have been configured for an 8 button phone 797x. When the user logs in with their profile all lines will show on the phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob