cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility

snzeadibe
Level 1
Level 1

i will like to understand the technology behind EM. when u create your userprofile, how will the CME associate that to my number configured under the ephone-dn because there is no place where d number to associate to the profile is specified.

i need to config EM for my client, i need to know how it will work. thanks

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sebastine,

The relationship for the DN (Directory Number) is built when you configure the User Profile. Take a look at Step 5. When the specified user logs into a phone using their Profile the IP Phone will populate the assigned number/numbers;

Configuring a User Profile

To configure a user profile for a phone user who logs into a Cisco Unified IP phone that is enabled for Extension Mobility, perform the following steps.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. voice user-profile profile-tag

4. user name password password

5. number number type type

6. speed-dial speed-tag number [label label] [blf]

7. pin number

8. max-idle-time minutes

9. privacy-button

10. end

Here is a closer look at Step 5

Creates line definition.

•number-Directory number to be associated with and displayed next to a button on a phone that is configured with this profile.

number number[,...number] type type

Example:

Router(config-user-profile)# number 2001 type

silent-ring

Router(config-user-profile)# number 2002 type

beep-ring

Router(config-user-profile)# number 2003 type

feature-ring

Router(config-user-profile)# number 2004 type

monitor-ring

Router(config-user-profile)# number 2005,2006

type overlay

Router(config-user-profile)# number 2007,2008

type cw-overl

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmemobl.html#wp1135822

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for your response,so the cmd number 2001 type silent-ring means user with extension number 2001 can pick their call on logging in? Meaning i will be limited to just users on ap[articular phone since the a number per button if am using a phone with 8 buttons

Hi Sebastine,

For the first question, yes, the user with extension 2001 would have 2001 on Line Button 1 when logged in (in this example :) The example profile I sent was for a 6 button phone 796x but could also have been configured for an 8 button phone 797x. When the user logs in with their profile all lines will show on the phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: