cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding a 7906 to an existing ccm6 environment...

drosenbaum
Level 1
Level 1

simple right? I know how to modify an existing extension and change it to someone new, but I dont kow how to add one out of the box. Please help...

Thanks,

David

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

No worries :) From ccmadmin you can do this a few ways;

1. Go to/find an existing 7906 via Device> Phone and use the Copy command> a new page will pop up and you can enter the new phones mac address> Update> Click on DN (Top Left) Directory Number Page pops up> change to DN to the new DN with appropriate settings.

2. Find any phone via Device> Phone> click on Add a new phone> choose 7906 from the Device Scrollbox> Click Next> New 7906 page pops up and can be configured with appropriate settings.

Hope this helps!

Rob

awesome I was afraid to make any changes but I did see another 7906 and the copy and super copy commands and then I figured I should reach out for some advice first.

thanks a million I will try this in the am at the office...

Hi David,

You are most welcome my friend :) Let us know how things work out.

Take care,

Rob

I successfully added the phones but came across a problem, I can call the new extensions from my prexisting phone, but from the new phones I cant dial internally to anything, I can dial if I use an outside like 8, 201 xxx- 9849.

I saw I forgot to add partition on the add DN page but I dont see what I am missing?

Make sure your Calling Search Space is set correctly.

Hi David,

Well you are halfway there :) Take a close look at one of the "working" phones config. Try to match Calling Search Space and be very careful with the Partition setting. Remembering that DN's in one Partition cannot dial DN's in a different Partition.

Hope this helps!

Rob

that worked out well, any thoughts on where I can find documentation on configuring a vg224, hopefully that is easy as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: