Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Messages on from the SQLServer on Unity 4.05

jonmo2578
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have noticed that we are getting the error message below from the SQLServer on our Unity Server whenever it tries to backup...

"Failed to Create. Operating System Error = 5 ( Access is denied )..

On the cisco troubleshooting guide, it mentions pointing the NightlyBackupJob to Unity\unitydirsvc and giving this account permissions to the System and ReportDb and UnityDb... ( http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080788d08.shtml#NetPro )..

I have set this up however, it is still failing and give the error message above.. and also confirms it failed in Cisco Security Agent.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and managed to fix it... ?? We are running Unity 4.05

Thanks in advance..

Jon.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what are you using for the backup?

DIRT? have you tried the latest version from tools depot?

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi, thanks for you reply..

Yes, I am using the DIRT tool every night to back up the mailboxes.. this seems to work fine as the logs indicate that the mailboxes are all sucessfully backed up along with UnityDBB.sql and ReportDBB.sql..

If that is the case, is the scheduled backup in MS SQL Server > Enterprise Manager > Management > Server Agent > Job... still required ?..

as that seems to be causing these MSSQL errors seen in the Event viewer..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: