cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

forward calls out of hours

silex
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way in CCExpress,for the following scenario.

A call arrives when office closed, it forwards to an contact who is on call, the on call person changes weekly, but we don't want to keep having to change the number that it forwards to, we would like to have CCExpress lookup up a document and pick the correct out of hours number to call so that it is all seamless. we are using CCM6.1 and UCCX 5.0.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would use an XML file that holds all the on call phone numbers and the date for each on call number. Use the If step and the CreateXML Document steps. Create a string variable to use in a Set step that will store the on call phone number such as: OnCallNumber. In your logic, I would run the XML step after DOA/TOD with an If step. If step could say something like if DOA/TOD is equal to the date in the xml file, set the OnCallNumber Set variable with the appropriate phone, then send call to value stored in the Set step. To maintain the xml file I would create the on call numbers logic as a subflow script and call it from the parent script. Hope this helps

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure you can do that.

Another simplest alternative would be to forward it to an extension on CM which then can be used to forwardAll to the desired desitation.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

each week the number will change and we want it to be automated, I am not sure how forwarding all on CM to the desired dest will work if that destination number will change each week. I was thinking along the lines of a file that IPCC will access and it checks the date on the file against the curent date and will then forward to the appropriate number. I have no idea how to do that

You could probably re-use the subHoliday script to do this for you. You can search through the forums and find it.

Thanks,

Robert

I would use an XML file that holds all the on call phone numbers and the date for each on call number. Use the If step and the CreateXML Document steps. Create a string variable to use in a Set step that will store the on call phone number such as: OnCallNumber. In your logic, I would run the XML step after DOA/TOD with an If step. If step could say something like if DOA/TOD is equal to the date in the xml file, set the OnCallNumber Set variable with the appropriate phone, then send call to value stored in the Set step. To maintain the xml file I would create the on call numbers logic as a subflow script and call it from the parent script. Hope this helps

excellent many thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: