cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0(1) VM password error

petersenb
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure if this is a new feature in this version but when I click on the messages key on the phone I am prompted for my password (which is normal). If I enter an incorrect password I get the following message "Invalid user ID or password, Try again" In order to get access to your messages you need to re-enter your directory number and password. This is different to version 4 where you are just prompted to re-enter your password.

Is this a feature of Unity 5 or is there away around this to just re-enter your password?

Regards

Bryan

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bryan,

This behaviour changed in the release of Unity 4.2 and carries over to 5.x this may seem cumbersome for some users, but is really a good thing when you think about it;

Improved Security for Accessing Cisco Unity

To enhance security, the Cisco Unity conversation no longer indicates whether the ID or password is invalid when subscribers log on by phone. Instead, when a subscriber enters an incorrect ID and/or password, Cisco Unity merely indicates that the subscriber entered an invalid combination, and then prompts the subscriber to re-enter both the ID and the password. In this way, it is not clear to an unauthorized user which part of the credentials is valid.

In addition, Cisco Unity no longer applies the prompt speed and volume that is specified for an individual subscriber until the subscriber enters both a valid ID and a valid password.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/release/notes/cu421rn.html#wp340106

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your prompt reply. This does make sence but is there anyway to disable this and set it up to use the "old" way. I.E only enter the password?

Thanks

Bryan

An ES was created to fix this issue but I installed it on my 4.21 and tested and the results are the same. Let me find the bug for you cause there is a defect issued by Cisco.

I worked on this for a long time

rlp

Hi Randy,

Hope all is well my friend! +5 points for this ... I forgot all about the ES :)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: