Views
Helpful
Replies

"Show Diag" command on 3750 IOS 12.1(19)EA1c

gabrown
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to run the "show diag" command on a 3750 with IOS 12.1(19)EA1c and the command is not recongised. I'm in enable mode and cannot find an equivalent command.

I need to do this as the Cisco Software Advisor is asking for a copy of the output.

Any pointers gladly recived.

Cheers,

Gareth

5 Replies 5

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Diagnostics didn't come to that platform until 12.2(25)SEE - the feature wasn't there before then so I'm not sure that there is anything equivalent.

Whereabouts in the SA is it asking for that output? (i.e. what are you trying to do?)

Andrew.

Hi,

Show version will provide you with the below output.

Base ethernet MAC Address:

Motherboard assembly number:

Power supply part number:

Motherboard serial number:

Power supply serial number:

Model revision number:

Motherboard revision number:

Model number:

System serial number:

Show controllers will also provide you with the inetface output.

Not so sure if you are looking for the same.

Hope this helps

regards,

Pravin

Hi,

Thanks for your responses. I was trying to use the command as the Software Advisor asks for it after you have pasted in the reponse from a "show ver" command. I reached the conculsion that the IOS did not support the command. Though surely it would not be hard for the SA to reference the IOS version you have pasted in and not ask for commands if the IOS version does not support them!

The reason I was using the SA was as I need to upgrade the IOS on several switches to support 802.1x Unidirectional Controlled Port - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps4324/prod_bulletin0900aecd80439f92.html

Is there a way to find out the feature set of the current IOS?

Thanks

Gareth

Hi,

The tool you need is the "Feature Navigator" which can be found here:

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

Launch the tool by selecting "Search by Feature"

Searching for "802.1x" gives a list of all those features, select "Wake on LAN support" (for example) and click add, then continue.

The platform box gives a list of all platforms that support the feature, so select 3750.

The lowest feature set is IP Base (you might have something else but worth checking this first as it's the lowest feature set)

This gives a list of about 20 versions of software which support the feature so you can see you need at least 12.2(25)SEC to get this particular feature.

The process is pretty much the same for any feature. If you know the actual command you need (in this case it's "dot1x control-direction" then you could get the same info by just looking it up in the latest command reference as that will also tell you when the feature first appeared.

Finally, if you just want a list of features for a particular release then use the same link and choose search by platform, but be aware this will be a *long* list.

HTH

Andrew.

RandyGates
Level 1
Level 1

Try Sh tech

and

sh controller(s) with or without the s.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: