cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Starting a VPN from an Internal Network.

ddevecka
Level 1
Level 1

I know that the VPN Clients make the most sense on this but the powers that be want ti to be an ASA. I have an ASA 5510 in the US with a connection to the internet via a business class Cable connection. In Germany we have a DSL connection and an exsisting network that we don't want to change but we want the to have a VPN connection back to our US office. I suggested we just load the VPN CLient on the desktop and give them access that way but nobody wanted to do it that way. So I have to take an ASA 5505 place it on the internal network in Germany and get it to connect back the ASA 5510 in the US. First off is this possible and if it is can someone please help with with some direction of how to start it. I have attached the current ASA Germany Config. and a rough drawing of how they want this done.

1 Reply 1

Amadou TOURE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Yes It's possible (If I well understood you needs).

Does the DSL router embed also a firewall ?

If so you need to authorize the following protocols from and to the Ip address of your ASA in US:

esp (ip 50 not TCP)and isakmp (UDP 500)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: