Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

am start a fresh setup in LMS,mutiserver:

server 1:DFM,CM (DCR Master)

server 2:RME (DCR Slave)

server 3:IPM (DCR Slave)

server 4:CiscoView (DCR Slave)

They all exchange the peer server cert and from server 1,all other servers are reachable.Have configured my default credentials,i.e standard,SNMP,etc.

I have over 3000 devices in my network but 2000 devices have been discovered by CNC.

I need it to manage discovered devices,i.e the 2000 devices discovered by CNC.Also i need the maintenance configuration for all these LMS applications.

What do i need to configure on:

server 1: DFM & CM

server 2: RME

server 3: IPM

server 4: Cisco View

Please reply,thanks.

5 Replies 5

robv
Level 1
Level 1

strongly suggest you put DFM on server4, CV on server1 (with CM).

Hi,

can you please let me know why you gave this suggestion,cos my reason for putting DFM and CM together is cos the ip address configured on the devices for where is send the snmp traps to is what i have configured for server 1 where DFM and CM is installed.

I will deeeply appreciate your reply,many thanks,cheers.

1> dfm is a pig for resources, especially with that many nodes

2> in comparison, cv on a dedicated box is (imnsho) wasting a server

if you're worried about destinations already configured on your gear, use an RME netconfig job to repoint trappers to dfm (the only traps CM wants is for UT on 1431/udp, and it can do that config automatically for you too).

really, you'll be much happier with dfm locked up in its own cage.

good luck!

R.

Hi,

thanks for your reply,but please try to clarify the two points you mentioned and also what you meant by this statement "if you're worried about destinations already configured on your gear, use an RME netconfig job to repoint trappers to dfm (the only traps CM wants is for UT on 1431/udp, and it can do that config automatically for you too).

really, you'll be much happier with dfm locked up in its own cage."

Thanks,deeply appreciate,cheers.

hi,

the way i read it was that you can use the resource manager essentials tool to configure your devices to send some traps to the DFM server, and other traps to the CM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: