Helpful
Replies

Ip Phone Unregister from the Callmananager

patcbr600
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm having the following situation that i don't know if its normal or not:

I have several ip phones (7911-7961) connected to a cluster and from time to time I see that the phones unregister from the callmanager and register with the srst router. From the sniffer traces i see that the phone send a keepalive to the cluster and for some reason the keepaliveAck does not reach to the phone (drop somewhere on the network, wan failure). In normal situation does the phone only tries to send the next keepalive after 30 sec(default value) or does the phone tries to resend the keepalive with a different timer (less than 30 sec).The behaviour that i'm having is if the phone does not receive the keepaliveack from the callmanager we tries in the next second to resend the keepalive message.

Can any one give an idea on how is this suppose to work.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

The first document sais that :

Based on the Service Parameter StationKeepAliveInterval , the phones are sending KeepAlive messages to the Call Manager on a 10 second interval (this value is configurable via CallManager Service Parameters and 10 is the lowest). If the phone fails to receive an ACK response to the KeepAlive, the phone then retries two more times at which point it re-homes to its backup Subscriber.

The two more times that the phones tries to send the keepalive to the master callmanager are send in a 10sec time or a short time (1 or 2 sec).

Thanks

Hi,

The first document sais that :

Based on the Service Parameter StationKeepAliveInterval , the phones are sending KeepAlive messages to the Call Manager on a 10 second interval (this value is configurable via CallManager Service Parameters and 10 is the lowest). If the phone fails to receive an ACK response to the KeepAlive, the phone then retries two more times at which point it re-homes to its backup Subscriber.

The two more times that the phones tries to send the keepalive to the master callmanager are send in a 10sec time or a short time (1 or 2 sec).

Thanks