Views
Helpful
Replies

migrate UM users from one unity to another unity

jjia
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Current we have Unity (UM) version 4.2 and Unity(UM) version 5.x run at the same time under same domain and exchange 2003 organization.

The requirement is that we need migrate some part of unity 4.x users to the unity 5.x server.

I tried to use bulk-delete tool,or directly delete the subscriber from unity 4.x, the user can not be imported to unity 5.x server because the user exchange object attributes are still there of the unity 4.x server.

Is there any utility that I can use to delete bulk users at the sametime remove the exchange attributes so that I can bulk import to the new unity server? or even one user by one user? Or do I have to use some AD tool to remove those attributes one by one?

Thanks,

JJ

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the best way is to move users from 4.x to 5.x is the GSM tool. It deletes the user, cleans the attibutes, then imports it in the 5.x server.

you need to watch the video and read the help files. there is setup and special requirements

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_GSM4x.htm

rlp

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Should work...if i remember right, i have used it with 2003. But doesnt hurt to read the readme /help available for this tool.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

the best way is to move users from 4.x to 5.x is the GSM tool. It deletes the user, cleans the attibutes, then imports it in the 5.x server.

you need to watch the video and read the help files. there is setup and special requirements

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_GSM4x.htm

rlp

yup, this is the best tool. Super easy to use. Remember though to change their voicemail profile in CUCM to point to the new Unity server.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

JJ,

Download the tool called Remove Subscriber Properties from answermonkey.net or ciscounitytools.com and you can remove that attribute for each user you want to migrate. Once this is done, you should be able to migrate the users.

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks Sankar.

In fact I used this tool before.

But can this tool work with Exchange 2003?

Thanks,

JJ