cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

526 Controller w/ 521 LWAPP configuration

meshleman908
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new 526 controller and 521 LWAPP. I'm using cisco catalyst PoE 3560g switches and I'm having problems trying to associate the access point with the controller. There is limited documentation and it seems to require a 520 express switch. I'm assuming that I can use the existing catalyst instead of buying an additional switch.

2 Replies 2

jeromehenry_2
Level 3
Level 3

I use 526 controller, 521 AP and a PoE 3560E switch without any problem. What is your setup and what problem do you see?

I'm unable to associate the WAP with the Controller. I can see the AP pickup up an IP address briefly in the windows DHCP server, but then i'm unable to connect to it using the Cisco Configuration Assistant. I think that I need to up date my DHCP server to allow for some additional information. I think that this article will be helpful http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808714fe.shtml

although if there are other options I'd like to know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card