cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New startup-config on an ASA (urgent)

snooter
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to copy a new file to the flash of an asa and then copy that file to be the starup-config?

I need to change pretty much an entire running-config on an asa, and I've already got the running-config made up that I need, I actually copied it from this same asa before I changed it all for some DR purposes.

I copied the config I want running to the asa and did a "copy flash:rcfg start" and that copied the file to the startup-config, but once I do a "write mem" it reverts the startup-config to the currently running-config. Anyway to make the startup-config stick so it'll boot that into the running-config instead of the currently running running-config?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Don't do a wr mem, you don't need to. Once the new file is made the startup config, it's there, just reboot.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Don't do a wr mem, you don't need to. Once the new file is made the startup config, it's there, just reboot.

8) guess I should of tried that huh..

When I do the reload, do I save at all before I reboot?

Thanks!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: