cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom Rmx 2000 with Cisco Gatekeeper

dmooreami
Level 3
Level 3

anybody setup a Cisco 2800 with H323 feature set to be a "gatekeeper" for a Polycom Rmx 2000? Interested what issues you may have encountered getting the two working together and if you have a sample config from teh Cisco you would share?

4 Replies 4

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

thomas.richter
Level 1
Level 1

I implemented the Polycom RMX 2000 with a Readymanager SE200 to our CCM 4.23 es49 cluster. Polycom requires that you use a h225 gatekeeper controller trunk to send the calls from CCM to gatekeeper to the SE200 IP address (zone remote). The CCM inserts a routing code of "40" onto the meeting room extension number. This routing code is used by the SE200 to route the call to the RMX2000. Polycom has a best practice for CCM implementations. Also, be sure to have Polycom upgrade their code to RMX 2.0.2.25 as we had issues with previous codes with random bridge resets.

Thanks! What about using the V2iu with rmx2000 and IosGatekeeper. Seems that Gk is having a problem sending "internet" calls to the V2iu from the Rmx2000. Inbound calls from inet to V2iu to RMx work great.

Is there a better IOS code to use for a 2800 series. I have the "T" code on mine.

Also seems that the "static route" section of the rmx2000 doesn't work. I have to use my V2iu firewall to route my traffic.

thanks

I am attempting the same thing. I can call a software pbx device that is registered from the call manager using Vt advantage. I am trying to connect to a meeting room. I have a route pattern using the trunk 20009998, I see the call hit the se200 but the cisco phone disconnects immediately. I can't seem to find the document that you reference. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: