cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Writing a Paper for School

laurell40
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 10.1.50.0 Ethernet Network that needs to be upgraded and 4 POS devices POSll WIN 9x that also need to be upgraded.

How much will this cost me? What kind of hardware and software are involved. Is there a web site out there that can provide answers to these questions?

4 Replies 4

could you please share the setup details....

- how many clients in the network

- what type of connectivity media (cables) used?

- which switch/ nw devices currently used?

- physical setup

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

I know this is for a school paper, BUT:

This is not the kind of question you'll be able to get answered in a forum ... at least not with any accuracy.

There are too many variables, too many questions, too many gotchas to try to produce a solution in a forum environment. In reality, it would end up costing you much more than having a good VAR or consulting group do an on-site eval and recommendation.

Good Luck

Scott

laurell40
Level 1
Level 1

This virtual company was started in 1998 and it looks like nothing was done with it since then. They connect to the Intranet through a 56K modem. There are 3 stores and they all have basically the same setup. Each site has a server for the POS,a UPS and an assortment of peripherals.

A picture of the network is enclosed.

sirdudesly
Level 2
Level 2

This site isn't really here to do peoples homework, we can provide assistance if you have a specific question that you're unsure about.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: