bandwidth limitation

Unanswered Question
Jun 21st, 2008

Would you please tell me how I could limit my 2960 interfaces to 128kbps?

Best regards.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (2 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Sat, 06/21/2008 - 07:13

Switches are not apt for that. You should impose bandwidth limitations on the router.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

y-heidary Sun, 06/22/2008 - 02:42

I cant accept your answer, because in cisco2960 datasheet you can see that it is possible to limit bandwidth and the command is :

srr-queue bandwidth limit weight

this command limit bandwidth up to 10mbps

but my problem is :how to limit a port to 128kbps(less than 10mbps)?

Paolo Bevilacqua Sun, 06/22/2008 - 10:52

you should learn to be more respectful to answers like mine above, that are 100% factual and correct.

You have even found yourself the reason why a 2960 switch is not apt to limit bandwidth, still you are unable to accept this simple facts ?

Please come back when you've a more collaborative attitude in a professional forum like this, good look in the meanwhile.

y-heidary Mon, 06/23/2008 - 00:36

I am sorry if i didnt polite to you. i am full respectful to person like you as a teacher.

but the english is not my first language, so may be i cant write as plolie as a nation.

i am so sorry about that.

best regards.

Pravin Phadte Mon, 06/23/2008 - 07:38

I would suggest the post to be open unless someone comes out with the resolution or workaround for setting a bw on the port for 128 k.

srr-queue may work but not to the expected need there is a limitation for all.

This question was posted in LAN, Switching and Routing and was answered plz do not post the question in all the subtitles.

This Discussion