MPLS exam in CCIP ?

Unanswered Question
Jun 21st, 2008

Is this exam in a state of flux. I am half way through studying for it but I am confused as to it's content.

This outline says ATM is still involved but the new course:

This course apparently replaces 2.1 and removes references to ATM. Instead it has TE. The 2.1 course is no longer recommended training. Neither is 2.2.

Does anyone have clarification on this?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pthaynes Thu, 07/10/2008 - 02:46

I'm also a little puzzled by the course description being so different from the exam outline. It makes it a little difficult to study for the exam via self study (I can't exactly ask the instructor if there is anything not on the course that I need to look at).

My plan of attack is to learn what is on the exam outline (plus just a little MPLS TE) and then book the exam. If I fail then at least I know what to study for next time. Given that there is a second chance promotion at the moment it won't cost any extra.

Peter Thu, 07/10/2008 - 08:31

I have had a certification support ticket open here on the site about this. They fixed the link for "recommended training" as a result. This now links to "Implementing MPLS 2.2".

This course "removes all references to ATM". However is would appear that some cell-mode stuff remains. There is definitely some TE and even some AToM as well. If you have the MPLS Fundamentals book then the two relevant chapters there should suffice.

This Discussion