CCVP Selt training

Unanswered Question
Jun 21st, 2008

I have joined a Telecom company dealing with inbound/outbound international call routing for local network providers. I've a strong background on routing and switching and I'm a CCNP certified.

I want to venture to VoIP, to further enhance my knowledge in IP and improve my contribution to the company.

I'm searching for CCVP self study books and I don't know which books to start with. I've been at the ciscopress site, and I'm not sure what to buy first!

Can someone recommend the order of books I should get/start with for CCVP.

Also, is it possible to get CCVP courseware? similar to the one provided by Cisco academies.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jamesfang98 Wed, 06/25/2008 - 05:39

GlobalKnowledge may be your friend for traning.

For book, I think Callmanager fundamental is good to catch up cisco voice fundamental in callmanager part. To focus on CCVP exam itself, then cisco training material can help a lot.

If help pls rate.

cyphur353 Sun, 06/29/2008 - 05:14

CVoice is a good starting point, it covers a lot of the fundamentals. Then, the next book would depend on which track of the CCVP you're looking at, or what your job focus is. Maybe QoS, Call Manager/Unified Communications, gatekeeper or TUC?

If you want to pursue the CCVP, just identify which track suites your job more accurately, and get them all, and start reading :)

Eliufoo.Mahinda Sun, 06/29/2008 - 21:23

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm pursuing CCVP and have order three books of nine that I intend to get. Callmanager fundamental and CVoice are among the first books I'm getting.

mohammadrocky Fri, 08/15/2008 - 10:34

hi dude, i have a couple of doubts in proceeding with my next level certification. i've did CCNA 640-802 in the month of may 2008.My plan is to step into CCVP and im gonna start with CVOICE. i know that new version CVOICE 6.0 is the latest one.

My doubt is... if i appear for CVOICE6.0.. do i have to complete the other 4 papers of CCVP before july 2009??? bcoz new pattern of certification is releasing from july 2009.

my second doubt is... if i manage to finish all the 5 papers of CCVP before july 2009... will i get CCVP or do i have to appear for CCNA- VOICE to make my CCVP valid???

im very confused with this stuff.. please explain...

This Discussion