cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router purchase help

munawar.zeeshan
Level 1
Level 1

I need a router for my network. The purpose is to only do static NAT so that from internet my vendors can Log-into my applications servers residing in my LAN.Please advice me some economical cisco router and cisco switch.I at least require 2 ethernet ports. One connected to my ADSL Modem and other will be connected to my LAN via switch.I will implement Static NAT on the router and forward the desired traffic to local IPs in my LAN. I also possess a pool of 5 WAN ips, so i can easily use Static NAT.

If some one has more economical solution in mind , please share.Otherewise i will purchase a cisco router and a switch

Moreover i have a 2610 in hand, but it has only one ethernet port and 2 serial.I require one more ethernet in it to implement the above scenario.Any suggestion ?

4 Replies 4

jamesl0112
Level 1
Level 1

The 2610 has a network module slot in addition to the WIC slots and built-in ethernet interface that you mention - so you could install a module giving you an additional ethernet port, such as an NM-1E (Ethernert) or NM-1FE-TX (FastEthernet).

Dear Jamesl0112.

Thanks for your reply.

I searched on ebay. They are offering a lot verity of that one FE cards. I want one for my cisco 2610. Can u plz go through the link and advice me what would be better. As i am afriad, i buy one and it doesnt get fit into my box and needs. Here is the ebay link.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=cisco+NM-1FE

I m very thankful to u for ur support.

Also advice me some low end cheaper router. I also want to make a comparison, as to go for modular interface or purchase a new router.

BR

Munawar

A good place to check on which modules are compatible is here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_data_sheet09186a0080091b89.html

If you want one standard fastethernet interface, then you might want to look at the NM-1FE-TX - FX is for fibre.

I would imagine that you won't be able to find a new router for cheaper than the cost of a network module but who knows, feel free to shop around.

sirdudesly
Level 2
Level 2

don't forget router on a stick, that's an option as well

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card