cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Howto Install Nokia E51 cop file and Licence question

pablo1711
Level 1
Level 1

This may sound like a simple question but believe me I have scoured documentation and cannot see how to install the Nokia E51 cop file into Cisco Call Manager v6.1.

I have the cop file (from Nokia), can anyone give me some direction on where and how this should be installed.

Also, i read you need a licence to run the E51 over CUCM. Where do I get this licence from? Is it a licence from Cisco or from Nokia?

I have already installed Intellisync for Cisco V1.1 on the phone and can see there is a 60 day trial licence which is fine for now but if the test goes well I want to make these live.

Any other advice from anyone using an E51 or similar with CUCM 6.1 (or earlier in fact) please let me know.

Paul

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

The License you are referring to is the standard DLU phone licenses that are installed on CCM. The Nokia uses 5 DLU's so you will need to ensure that you have spare DLU's available.

Here is how to install the files on CCM 6.x;

When using Cisco Unified CallManager Release 6.0 or later

For Cisco Unified CallManager 6.0, you must do all software installations and upgrades by using the Software Upgrades menu options. The system can upload and process only software that Cisco Systems approved. You cannot install or use third-party or Windows-based software applications that you may have been using with a previous version of Cisco Unified CallManager with Cisco Unified CallManager 6.0.

Using your web browser, login to the Cisco IPT Platform Administration web page

Under the Software Upgrades menu, select Install/Upgrade.

Fill in the appropriate values in the Software Location section for the file you downloaded above, and click Next.

In the Available Software drop-down box, select the file you downloaded above, and click Next.

After validating the MD5 has the correct value, click Next.

In the Warning box, verify you have selected the correct firmware, then click Install.

Check that you received a Success message.

The support docs and software can be found here;

http://www.businesssoftware.nokia.com/nokia_intellisync_call_connect_for_cisco_downloads.php

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you very much for this response, it is very helpful. I do indeed have spare DLUs and that does make sense.

Can I clarify this slightly more.

I already have a number of DLUs spare on my CUCM system. I have not yet connect the E51 to my corporate WLAN (which we have a voice WLAN with the correct DHCP settings are registered for use with CUCM) which we are currently using both 7920 and 7921 phones on.

Once the E51 is connected should it auto-register (I have read elsewhere you should pre-register the E51s after the COP file is installed) and will the prompt for licences go away.

We have extension mobility enabled, will the E51 support a simple logon logoff and can I use an existing login (and profile) or should I create something specific. I think my own profile is configured with a 7960 setup and softkey template.

Thanks again

Paul

Hi Paul,

Good stuff! I don't believe the Nokia will support Extension Mobility at this time. The Nokia can Auto Register but I would go ahead and pre-configure it in CCM as a new S60 Device.

The registration and Software .cop file install Step by Step notes are nicely shown in this doc;

Nokia Eseries Deployment Guide v1.1.1

From the link below (last one on the page)

http://www.businesssoftware.nokia.com/nokia_intellisync_call_connect_for_cisco_downloads.php

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks,

I had read all of the other documentation and was part way through the document you refer to and have now reached the section dealing with this area.

Thanks again for you assistance

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: