Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Support for IP Prefix Import from Global Table into a VRF Table

Deniz AYDIN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is any ever tried this. When i uses a such a route-map for import ipv4 prefix from the global route table, it also filters the ipv4 prefix'es from the vrf route table. So I lost vrf routes from the other routers. I have tried to allow wiht a extcommunity list but I didnt worked. Is this a bug or am I missing something.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

BGP Support for IP Prefix Import from Global Table into a VRF Table" Use the above mentioned document for your configuration and trobleshooting purpose. It talk about your issues.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2s/feature/guide/fs_bgivt.html#wp1060225

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

BGP Support for IP Prefix Import from Global Table into a VRF Table" Use the above mentioned document for your configuration and trobleshooting purpose. It talk about your issues.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2s/feature/guide/fs_bgivt.html#wp1060225

hi friends i have one problem as well

i want to implement ISP backbone network with MPLS into core. in core network running OSPF. at edge router running EBGP with other ISP two sides and i want to connect internal them with IBGP. for this normally we use Route reflector or confederation. but for more scalability if i want to remove IBGP peering from core just OSPF protocol and IBGP on Edge router and label will run for IBGP in transit router.no routing of IBGP will store on core routers. Is it possible. plz reply

Hi Tarj,

First of all, i'd recommend you to start a new thread in case you have your own problem to solve, unless your problem is related to the original post.

As for you question, what you have described is the exact behavior of a service provider with a MPLS backbone, it is a BGP free core, the P routers need not run BGP, since the PE routers will have LSP tunnels using label switching over the backbone and the P routers will just do label swapping and not IP lookups, accordingly the P routers needs not learn the BGP routes, but however you need all the routers (PEs and Ps) to run an IGP in order to be able to build the forwarding plane tables.

I hope that i've been informative.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

thanks my friend

m doing my master project with MPLS traffic engg in OPNET

so i have to design a backbone network with MPLS for scalbilty and run MPLS in core with IGP for VPN,AToM and QOS over it to show benifit than traditional routing and traffic engg with tunnel. i have not done any thing with MPLS so confuse about basic

thanks

Tarj

Hi Tarj,

You are very welcomed, MPLS is a nice topic for a master project, enjoy :) and please don't hesitate to ask about anything.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

hello my friend m Tarj thanks for ur help last time in BGP MPLS traffic enggineering

i have one question about TE. i have read about TE in MPLS constrained base routing and then there is tactical and strategic (online and offline) in MPLS TE book. but they have not explore about ONLINE and OFFLINE with any example how to do it.spouse if i have ISP network with 28 routers then i want to create full mesh TE. then routers will 28 * 28= 756 tunnels manually that is online stragtic and is in tactical is about normal configure one to one TE over link.

m confuse

can i have ur any email to chat on yahoo

hello my friend m Tarj thanks for ur help last time in BGP MPLS traffic enggineering

i have one question about TE. i have read about TE in MPLS constrained base routing and then there is tactical and strategic (online and offline) in MPLS TE book. but they have not explore about ONLINE and OFFLINE with any example how to do it.spouse if i have ISP network with 28 routers then i want to create full mesh TE. then routers will 28 * 28= 756 tunnels manually that is online stragtic and is in tactical is about normal configure one to one TE over link.

m confuse

can i have ur any email to chat on yahoo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: