Views
Helpful
Replies

frame-relay switch full mesh

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I have a FR switch with is configured as full mesh. I have 3 routers connected as hub ann spoke. I have disabled inverse arp and point to only the hub at the spokes to reach each other, still when i type show frame relay PVC it shows me all PVCs are active?

1 Reply 1

lee.reade
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

This is normal, if your FR switch is setup for full mesh, then it will advertise via lmi all active DLCI;s on that interface to the remote device.

Inverse arp only prevents a router learning a remote routers ip address automatically., eg, you have router1 and router2 connected to the FR switch, if they are on the same subnet and inverse arp is enabled, then they will each learn the others ip address, you can ping across the FR to the remote side.

Best practice is to disable frame-relay inverse-arp and use static frame-relay map ip statements, or just use point to point interfaces.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

LR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card